LESSONS LEARNED FROM JOHN 8:30-32;18:36-38
1. The people Jesus was talking to in John 8:30-32 were nominal believers at best.
2. Jesus tested their faith because they were part of the Pharisees.
3. Dr. Robertson said, "They believed Jesus as to his claims to being the Messiah with their own interpretation, but they did not commit themselves to him and may represent only one element of those in verse 30."
4. Truth is one of the marks of Jesus.
5. Jesus basically said, "Your future loyalty to my teaching will prove the reality of your present profession."
6. Dr. Robertson said, "Continuance in the word proves the sincerity or insincerity of the profession. It is the acid test of life."
7. Our freedom is won alone by Christ. Please read John 8:36.
8. "Freedom is only attainable when we are set free from darkness, sin, ignorance, superstition and let the Light of the World shine on use and in us." Dr. Robertson
9. Dr.Utley says, "The Context of 8:30-58 clearly shows that they were not true believers."
10. Truth is a person and His Name is Jesus Christ.
11. There is no truth, peace, or hope apart from Jesus Christ.
12. God's Word is to be... believed, obeyed and abided in.
13. Jesus always emphasized lifestyle obedience.
14. Pilate asked Jesus a tremendous question, but apparently left before he received the answer.
15. One scholar said, "John is writing, as Luke did, to show that Christianity was no threat to the Roman Empire."
16. One writer said, " Only those with spiritual eyes and ears can understand truth."
17. It is crucial that we remember that "Jesus is the truth."