LESSONS LEARNED FROM 1 COR. 2:6-16
BY DR. DON LAUGHLIN
1. The Holy Spirit enables Bible readers to understand the main truth written Word.
2. In 1 Cor. 1 the Apostle Paul emphasizes the Grace of God.
3. In 1 Cor. 2 He continues with the Grace of God by emphasizing His Revelation versus human discovery. (Various Scholars)
4. "Basically, 1 Cor. 2:1-16 is an amplification of chapter 1:18-25." Dr. Utley
5. Mankind has always emphasized their wisdom over God's wisdom.
6. We desperately need God's wisdom everyday.
7. This text confronts whether we are spiritually mature or not.
8. Baby believers have always been problematic in every church.
9. Paul is probably being sarcastic in 1 Cor. 2:6.
10. Spiritually immature people limit God's Revelation in their life.
11. We cannot understand God's written Word without the aid of the Holy Spirit.
12. Man's wisdom changes from culture to culture and from generation to generation.
13. God's wisdom is eternal and never changes.
14. We can not understand God's ways and wisdom without the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
15. It is a privilege to read and understand God's written Word.
16. Without the Holy Spirit we are lead /directed by our depravity and supernatural evil.
17. "Even before creation God already had His plan of redemption." Dr. Utley (Please read Eph. 1:4; 1 Peter 1:20)
18. Paul was writing to believers who were unable, in spite of their years to digest sold spiritual food.
19. God's wisdom is alone absolute.
20. Dr. A.T. Robertson says, "God expect us to understand the things that are freely given to us by God."
21. God expects us to ask Him for wisdom.
22. We become quite stupid without God's wisdom.
23. Our decision making ability is severely limited and damaged without God's Holy Spirit.
24. The spiritually mature yearn for God's wisdom and will.
25. Man's wisdom always leads us to forget God and also reject Him.
26. God's teachers and preachers need to teach and preach the need for His wisdom.
27. "Only God knows and can communicate the truth about himself." Dr. Barrett
28. Mature believers are taught by the Spirit of God how to speak of God through the word of the cross.
29. One scholar said, "The person who has received God's Spirit has a privileged understanding of reality: he discern all things but is himself discerned by no one."
30. The answer to 1 Cor. 2:15 is as follows: We who have received the Spirit know it, because we, unlike the world, have the mind of Christ. (Various Scholars)