Lying to God about our stewardship
WHEN WE LIE TO OUR GREAT GOD ABOUT OUR STEWARDSHIP, WE ARE...
1. DENYING that our Great God is omnipresent and all-knowing
1 John 3:20 “If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.”
Psalm 147:5 “Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.”
Psalm 139:4 “Before a word is on my tongue, You, Lord, know it completely. “
2. IGNORING that we are on thin ice
3.DEMONSTRATING that greed fills our hearts
4. SACRIFICING the financial future of our church
5. REVEALING that we believe our wants/egos are more important than God’s commands.
6. REJECTING the importance of meeting the needs of the Masses
MODERN DAY EXAMPLES OF ROBBING GOD
1. People that don’t tithe on their SECOND job.
2. People that don’t tithe on the PROFITS from their farms, ranches, cattle, or any other investments.
3. People that don’t tithe on their BONUSES.
4. People that don’t tithe when they are not PRESENT for Bible Study and Worship.
5. People that don’t tithe when church has been CANCELLED.
6. People that don’t tithe when they are ANGRY at the church.
7. People that don’t tithe when they have SAVED for a vacation or new toy.
Responsive Reading– Baptist Hymnal #715 (multiple passages)
The earth is the Lord’s and the fulness thereof;
The world and all that dwells therein
The silver is mine, and the gold is mine says the Lord of Hosts
Every beast of the field is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land,
or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord’s. It is Holy unto the Lord.
Honor the Lord with thy substance, and with the first fruits of all your increase.
Bring into the storehouse all the tithes that there may be meat in My house, and prove me now says the Lord of Hosts
If I will not open you the windows of Heaven and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
But this I say, He which sows sparingly will reap sparingly
And he that sows bountifully will reap also bountifully
Every man according as he purposes in his heart so let him give;
Not grudgingly or of necessity for God loves a cheerful giver.
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you
That you always having sufficiency in all things
May abound to every good work
The Roman Road of Salvation
1. Everyone needs salvation because we have all sinned.
Romans 3:10-12, and 23 As the Scriptures say, “No one is righteous—not even one. No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God. All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good, not a single one.” ... For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. (NLT)
2. The price (or consequence) of sin is death. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. (NLT)
3. Jesus Christ died for our sins. He paid the price for our death. Romans 5:8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. (NLT)
4. We receive salvation and eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ. Romans 10:9-10, and 13 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
5. Salvation through Jesus Christ brings us into a relationship of peace with God. Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. (NLT) Romans 8:1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (NLT)
Here's how to take a personal journey down The Roman Road:
1. Admit you are a sinner.
2. Understand that as a sinner, you deserve death.
3. Believe Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you from sin and death.
4. Repent by turning from your old life of sin to a new life in Christ.
5. Receive, through faith in Jesus Christ, his free gift of salvation.