"WHEN YOU CRY FOR HELP"
1. God’s written word is like a laser beam directed toward the core of our hearts
2. One of the purposes of God’s written word is to soothe a chaotic and burdened heart
3. God’s Holy Spirit is masterful in His ability to repair a heart that has been ravaged and damaged
4. God desperately wants to heal our hearts and emotions
5. We will all have intense moments where we are overwhelmed and distraught due to the crises of life
6. Problems can stack on one another over time
7. The writer of Psalm 102 was dealing with some intense crises in his life and he did what all of should do; he went immediately to God, not Facebook.
1. Sociologists are defining this present age as “the Age of Resignations”
2. People are giving up on life due to their problems and their lack of understanding of God’s desired place in their lives.
3. Alcoholism is at an all time high
4. Obesity is increasing dramatically
5. Another new phrase has emerged due to this “Age of Resignation” and it is “self-care”
a. people are becoming more and more self-centered
b. people are becoming more and more indulgent
c. people are focusing on their needs and wants rather than seeking to help others in need
6. Rather than crying out to God, they are psychologically undressing before the culture on Facebook and other social media
7. God’s family should always go to their Heavenly Father for any and every need
8. God’s people should cry out for help to Yahweh.
WHEN YOU CRY FOR HELP...
I. PRAY A GENUINE PRAYER OF DESPERATION FROM THE HEART OF YOUR CRISES
A. A REAL PRAYER OF DESPERATION IS…
3. Based on real truth
4. Extremely tenacious
5. Directed to the tower of safety–
Psalm 144:2 “He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer. my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.
6. Based on a deep and abiding trust in God’s name-
Psalm 33:24- “For the word of the Lord is right and true he is faithful in all he does. “
B. REFUSING TO PRAY A PRAYER OF DESPERATION LEADS…
1. To apathy
2. To desperation
3. To deep anger
4. To separation from God
5. To separation from others
6. To us being driven rather than gentle
C. WE REFUSE TO PRAY A PRAYER OF DESPERATION…
1. Due to pride
2. Due to spiritual ignorance
3. Due to a lack of understanding the power and truth of God’s love letter
Source– Mark Vroegop
This writer has written an excellent article entitled “two ways to pray with desperation”
1. Pray consistently
2. Pray faithfully
1. Psalm 102 is a lament of an afflicted person
2. Are you presently afflicted?
3. The writer of Psalm 102 is not afraid or humiliated to “cry out” to God immediately
4. Have you experienced…
e. physical disease?
f. a loved one’s unbelief?
g. your own unbelief?
5. Please pray a real and genuine prayer of desperation
Corrie Ten Boom constantly said, “There is no pit so deep that God is not deeper yet.”
Many today are lodged in a pit. God is at Ground Zero with you!!
Cry out to God with a prayer of desperation