WHEN THE HOLY SPIRIT PROCLAIMS MERRY CHRISTMAS HE IS SAYING....
I. I WANT YOU TO KNOW CHRIST AS SAVIOR AND THEN TELL OTHERS ABOUT YOUR SAVIOR.
A. EXPLAINING THE TEXT IN DETAIL.
-In Luke 2:10 the Angel says, "Do not be afraid, I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.
-In the original language Luke 2:10 says, "I Evangelize to you a great joy."
-The angel and our Great God wanted the Shepherds to know Christ as Savior.
-The angel witnessed to them by saying, "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is the Messiah, the Lord."
-Then the Angel says, "This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
-After they heard the heavenly choir praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests. They hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger.
-In other words, they witnessed to Mary and Joseph about what they had seen, heard and experienced.
-Mary and Joseph had not seen, heard, or experienced what the lowly shepherds had.
-The Shepherds not only told Mary and Joseph, but they told everyone they came in contact with.
B. LESSONS LEARNED FROM THIS TEXT.
1. Christmas is a time for EVANGELISM.
2. Christmas is a time to Share Christ with the LOST.
3. The Church should use Christmastime as a time of INCLUSION, not EXCLUSION.
4. The Church should tell the DOWN AND OUT about JESUS.
5. The Church should tell the UP AND OUT about JESUS.
6. Embracing the true meaning of Christmas is LIFE CHANGING.
7. The Message from the Angel is for ALL PEOPLE.
C. DEEP AND PERSONAL QUESTIONS FROM THIS TEXT.
1. Is Jesus still a baby to you OR do you know Him as your REDEEMER?
2. Is Jesus still a baby to you OR do you know Him as your GREAT PHYSICIAN?
3. Is Jesus still a baby to you OR do you know Him as your GREAT I AM?
4. Is Jesus still a baby to you OR do you know Him as your MESSIAH?
5. Is Jesus still a baby to you OR do you know Him as your LORD?
6. Is Jesus still a baby to you OR do you know Him as your SUSTAINER?
7. Is Jesus still a baby to you OR do you know Him as your GOOD SHEPHERD?
D. INVITATION TO THE NON-BELIEVER.
1. God has the Same MESSAGE to you as He did the Shepherds.
2. God sends MESSANGERS to you just as He did the Shepherds and Mary and Joseph.
3. God wants you to Respond to His MESSAGE exactly like the Shepherds did.
E. CONCLUSION AND INVITATION FOR THE BELIEVER and NON-BELIEVER.
1. PLEASE LISTEN TO THE SONG MARY DID YOU KNOW? AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS IN THE SONG.
2. Put your name where Mary's name is.
3. Change the question "Did you Know?" to "Do you Know?"
4. Video "Mary did You Know?" Please put the lyrics here.