Dr. Don Laughlin
"GROWING IN GRATITUDE TOWARD GOD" pt2
Updated: Feb 28, 2022
WE GROW IN GRATITUDE TOWARD GOD...
I. BY MORE READILY RECOGNIZING GOD'S AWESOME ACTIONS TOWARDS US.
A. GOD'S AWESOME ACTIONS TOWARDS US INCLUDE....
1. His Mercy and Grace.
Dr. Spurgeon says the following about God's grace:
a. The whole world tastes of His SPARING GRACE.
b. Those who hear the Gospel Partake of His INVITING MERCY.
c. The Saints live by his SAVING MERCY.
d. The Saints are Preserved by His UPHOLDING MERCY.
e. The Saints are Cheered by His CONSOLING MERCY.
f. The Saints will enter Heaven through His INFINITE AND EVERLASTING MERCY.
2. His Great Generosity towards us.
a. Exodus 34:6
b. God is Generous, but the wrath of mankind is heavy handed.
c. Mankind loves to keep their Quarrels going.
d. Mankind loves to nurse their Grievances.
e. God will always have patience with His special creation.
f. God's heart is always willing to turn back to us when we turn to Him.
3. His Slowness in Anger.
a. God has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
b. We deserve much greater judgment and disciplined than we have received.
c. We ought to Praise God for what He has NOT done towards us.
d. Even the Negative side deserves our profound gratitude.
e. God has not dealt with us like He could because he has placed our sins upon
B. WE SHOULD PRAISE OUR AWESOME GOD...
1. With Shouts of Great Joy. Psalm 27:6
2. During times of Corporate Worship. Psalm 35:18
3. By Telling others about the Great things He has done for us. Psalm 66:16
4. By using our moments of Meditation to lead us to Rejoice in the LORD. Psalm 104:34
5. By Praising the LORD for His Everlasting Love. Psalm 106:1
1. Is your worship of God dynamic or stagnate?
2. Do you Seek to worship God in various ways privately and corporately?
3. Do you come to Worship with Great Gratitude toward God?