"GROWING IN GRATITUDE TOWARD GOD"
Updated: Feb 28
1. The Quality of our Life is dependent on the Quality of our Gratitude toward God.
2. Gratitude is good for the Entire Person.
3. Gratitude keeps Greed at Bay.
4. Gratitude keeps Greed in the corners and shadows.
5. Gratitude Softens our Heart towards God and others.
6. Gratitude toward God Enhances our Relationship with Him.
7. Gratitude Fights the "Want Machine".
INTRODUCTION OF BODY
1. We don't have enough Conversations with ourselves.
2. Most people don't hold themselves accountable to God, self, and others.
3. Dr. Kyle Yates is one of my favorite theologians. He was a professor of Old Testament at Okla. State University for many years.
WE GROW IN GRATITUDE TOWARD GOD BY....
I. GIVING SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS TO OUR SPIRIT.
A. We should instruct our spirit to confess the following:
1. That we have ignored how God "Forgives" us.
2. That we have ignored how God "Heals" our diseases.
3. That we have ignored how God "Saves" us from Destruction.
4.That we have ignored how God "Surrounds" us with Great Lovingkindness and Tender Mercies.
5. That we have ignored how God "Satisfies" our life with good things.
B. What should we Commit to?
1. Greater Heart felt Intensity toward God's Blessings and Benefits.
2. Greater Volume in our Praise and Gratitude toward our Great God.
3. Greater Evangelistic Fervor toward non-believers.
1. How do God "Grade" your Gratitude toward Him at this very moment?
2. How do You "Grade" your Gratitude toward God at this very moment?
3. How does you Family "Grade" your Gratitude toward God at this very moment?
1. Gratitude must be viewed as a Privilege.
2. Gratitude must be followed on the heels of confession.
3. Let's all confess that we often believe we deserve the majority of blessings we receive from God.
4. Please confess out loud the following: Dear God, You owe me nothing, but we hav lavished great gifts on me. Thanks so very much. Your Son or Daughter.