Dr. Don Laughlin
"CONFRONTING AND COUNTERING THE CYNICISM IN OUR CULTURE" pt2
SPRINGHILL BAPTIST CHURCH IN HOWE,OK
DR. DON LAUGHLIN
READ-GENESIS 6:1-22; 7:1-5; 8:1-5
WE CAN FAITHFULLY COUNTER THE CYCNICISM OF THE CULTURE BY...
I. REGISTERING OUR PROTEST BY WALKING WITH GOD RATHER THAN THE godless.
a. Noah walked hand in hand with His Great God, not Ahead or Behind HIM.
b. Noah allowed His Great God to Lead him as he walked with HIM.
c. Noah allowed His Great God to Determine where he walked.
d. Noah allowed His Great God to determine the Topics of their Conversation as they walked together.
e. Noah Acknowledged that His Great God is the Only One he is to walk with Spiritually. (Not the gods of this world)
f. Noah Faithfully walked with His Great God during all Kinds of Weather and Circumstances.
1. We are to choose to walk with God and not the false gods of this world.
2. We are to choose to walk with God in the Light and not Stumble in the Dark with the godless.
3. We are to choose to Emphatically say "No" to the culture's Offers to Live an Evil life.
4. We are to choose to say "Yes" to God's Commands.
5. We are to choose to be Committed to Christ's church.
6. We are to say "No" to being a leisure alcoholics.
7. We are to say "Yes" to personal and corporate worship.
8. We are to say "No" to the culture's Offers of being away from God's House of worship and prayer.